Gmail Security setting is very complicated and it is too much hard to know about it and turn it on, and link your Gmail account with your mobile phone because you may have lots of important data in it so due to that may you want some more extra security for your Gmail account here I have shown you how to add more security system in your Gmail account.
Gmail is a free, advertising-supported email service developed by Google. Users can access Gmail on the web and using third-party programs that synchronize email content through POP or IMAP protocols. Gmail started as a limited beta release on April 1, 2004, and ended its testing phase on July 7, 2009.
How to Turn on Extra Security for your Gmail Account and Link it To Your Mobile Phone
1. Open your Gmail account.
2. Go to Google.com
3. Click on My Account Button to explore your account information.
4. Now there will be a new window that from it you can manage your Gmail settings.
5. Click on the Sign-in & Security. to manage your account security and sign-in information.
6. Scroll down and click on the 2-Step Verification.
7. Then click on the Get Started, Then you must re-enter your Gmail password for more security.
8. Now you will see a new window in which it wants your phone number to turn it on, then make sure that you have marked Text message, then click Next.
9. You will get a code in the number which you have written in the previous page, Copy the code and past it in the blank place that is for the code to confirm your Number.
10. Now to turn on 2-Step Verification tap on Turn on button, Now re-enter your Gmail password to get inside the settings.
11. Now install Authenticator on your Mobile phone, and open it.
12. Go back to your browser and scroll down then click on the Authenticator app SET UP, Now choose your Device, and click Next, You will get a barcode which you have to scan with your mobile by clicking on Scan barcode.
13. Click Next button, So now you will have a code in the Authenticator apponn your mobile phone, Copy that and write in the browser where it needs the code from you, Like this.
14. Click on Next, then re-enter your password and now you have turned on Authenticator in your Gmail account, now whenever you want to log-in in your Gmail you must to enter your password then enter the code which is in Authenticator app in your Mobile Phone.
Authenticator app, Makes Secure your Gmail account and helps to Google to know that it is really you want to open your account, So make secure your account and have your all private and personal information in it.